Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Honey Hole

Now over my years of fishing I have always herd guys say that they have a "Honey Hole", where the most fish and the largest hang out. I have always been sceptical as I have never seen a place such as this. Well yesterday on my outting I can honestly say I found a Honey Hole! It was amazing to see so many Carp in one place. Easily 50+ Carp, large ones and small ones, aggressive ones and mellow ones.



I started the afternoon chasing a couple of tailing Carp from the high bank, using the larger Sage Brush and Grease Wood as my cover. Using a Mr. P's Carp Carrot I can get good casting range and the Carp don't seem to notice me. I had a few misses and two false hooks. I have never false hooked so many fish in my entire life until I started Carpin.



Nice 10 lber. Bigger belly than tail.

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking water Jeremy!

    Only a few of us would know grease wood when we saw it. With a lot of carp you may try an egg with a small indicator measured at their eye level. Personally I feel you'll foul hook less, that is if it works for you. Good fishing!

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for the tip Gregg. I have seen you Carp Egg on Carp Pro. It looks a little complicated to tie, but I am always up for a challenge. (That's why I Carp fish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that should have been Thanks not That's!

    ReplyDelete