Thursday, May 9, 2013

Victory Atlast!

It's been a two run dry spell for me. The weather can not deciede if its winter, spring or summer. Lots of wind and even thunder storms (odd for this part of Nevada).

I hit the water around my usual time (2:00pm ish) With the recent rains the stream was moving pretty fast and was alot higher than I have seen it previously. It even had a new tint of brown to it as it roared by. No Fear I took off. I start at the old bridge piers and instantly found Tailing fish. I knew I was going to land one today! I moved around to the south side of the piers. There was a board lodge between two of the piers which was creating a some what water fall effect. I could see two Carp tailing just below. I pulled out just enought line to "plop" the Hybrid right into the Diner Plate Zone. It wasn't 5 seconds later and fish on! He put up a great fight like Carp always do!
7 lb Common Carp
Saying Cheese for the Camera!
See Ya!
 
The hardest part of Carpin that I have found (mainly because I go alone, well not mainly, I go alone) is taking pictures of the fish. Holding a 5 plus pound fish with tired arms is not easy. Add wiggling fish and not wanting to drop the iPhone in the water, it is a challenge! (Note: I have dropped the iPhone in the water twice, and I only have the basic Otterbox Defender Case on it; and yes this is a plea to Otterbox to upgrade my case to the Armor Series so that I may field test it!)
 
 
Now onto more YouTube Videos and reading to hone my skills. I have only landed one fish per outing so far. I have a goal of landing two per outing. Just need to work on fly location and identifing the takes! Happy Fishing!

1 comment:

  1. Good job!

    Love your water you are growing to know, you'll soon top more than 2, or 3, or more soon.

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete