Friday, April 12, 2013

Fly Carpin

Fly Carpin

 

Today was my first time Fly Carpin. I only had about an hour to work with so I set off on a slough that I knew had carp. Now in my younger days we use to Bowfish Carp in the Irrigation Canals back home, so I know how to spot and stock them sneaky fish. It was nice and sunny so I knew they had to be about. I moved a little ways down the slough until I found what I was looking for! CARP! Altough I did not land any I more or less acidentally hooked on and before I knew what was happening he was off. No thanks to my fly line being tangled is some weeds along the bank. At that point I felt like a first timer all over again!

Today was a huge learning experience and I will now spend countless hours reading on the behaviors of Carp again. I didn't get any pics today because I was on a time crunch. I will return to the slough with more knowledge, camera and carp on the beach!

 http://www.intheriffle.com/carp-fly-fishing-information-2/detecting-the-carp-take/

No comments:

Post a Comment