Friday, April 19, 2013

Windy Carp

Where do Carp go when it's windy? That is what I asked myself today. Wind was steady and wouldn't let up. One could use their nets as a wind sock.

After searching and searching I started to notice bubbles along the edges of the bank in the deeper water. When I approached these areas I would then notice the dust cloud in the water signaling the quick burst of a fleeing Carp.

I will now hit the forums trying to read up on Windy Carp and signals to their whereabouts. Until next time...







1 comment:

  1. When I see bubbles, actually my usual suspects here, I use a size 6 to 10 egg under an indicator at what you suppose their depth is. Trial and error here. I do really catch more carp unseen than seen by casting to bubbles. Often they denote the direction of travel and I lead them like I was wingshooting. Sometimes wind, often not, just poor vis. In true wind if the bottom is clean I use a full sink line and creep a hook up design over the bottom. It works though not many people write of this.

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete